The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Thursday, January 07, 2016

...and now we're done. I've done top 10 lists for several other years of the '20s, but I wasn't able to come up with 10 sufficiently worthy pictures from 1925. I've seen some really good ones (The Freshman! Seven Chances! The Phantom of the Opera!) and no doubt there are many more that I haven't seen. Maybe in another 10 years I'll have watched enough to give you a proper list.

For the record, my favorite film of 1925 is The Battleship Potemkin and my favorite film of 1915 is Les Vampires—or at least those installments of Les Vampires that came out in 1915. (It was a serial, and it stretched into the next year.)

I'll now put this old blog on ice til the next time I have a reason to use it. Probably in December, when I start posting these annual movie lists again.


posted by Jesse 9:02 AM
. . .

. . .


. . .