The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, July 16, 2010
DEPT. OF BROADCASTING STUDIES: A while back I was circulating a proposal for a book about Rush Limbaugh. It was going to be part political history, part radio history, part fan studies, and all in all a rocking good time. Almost every publisher turned it down, though, because they knew another Limbaugh book was about to come out and they didn't want my effort to be lost in its shadow. (One publisher did make an offer, but it wasn't enough to pay the bills while I took leave of my day job to write the thing, so I said no thanks.)

That other book is out now, and I reviewed it (rather kindly, so there's no sour grapes) in the August/September Reason. And now that review is online. If you'd like to know what the thesis of my book was going to be,
read the article.


posted by Jesse 11:28 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .