The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, September 04, 2009
SELF-PROMOTION: The October issue of Reason is now out. I have two articles in it: an abridged version of one Web piece (my
interview with Scott Rosenberg) and a greatly expanded version of another (my essay on centrist paranoia). To see the new versions of the articles -- and the second one, at least, is substantially improved -- you'll have to visit a magazine stand; neither is online yet.

What is online: my most recent Web column for Reason, a defense of Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. This one may require a small correction: At one point I declare it "unlikely that a real Nazi soldier would be familiar with the phrase 'Mexican stand-off.'" Henry Jenkins tells me that this isn't necessarily unlikely -- many Germans would know the phrase from the western novels of Karl May, a German writer whose name is invoked in the movie.

Finally, I should probably mention that I turn 39 today. For the next year everyone will assume I'm lying about my age.


posted by Jesse 4:59 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .