The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, November 14, 2008
SELF-PROMOTION: My tribute to the late Bruce Conner, published in the October issue of Reason, is now
online.

Also, a 25-minute version of the documentary Talking Butts, which I helped make a few years ago, is up at reason.tv. You can call this the "Paul Feine cut," to distinguish it from the 13-minute "Bretigne Shaffer cut" that's posted on Google video. The 45-minute version -- I guess we'd call that one the "Paul Fein/Mark Toscani cut" -- isn't online. There is no "Jesse Walker cut," which is why, even though I'm credited as the lead director, I feel more like a hired hand than an author. Forget what you read in Cahiers; editors are the true auteurs.

At any rate, I think I like the 25-minute cut best. Dig in:



posted by Jesse 10:54 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .