The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Thursday, September 04, 2008
PALINPALOOZA: I wrote a
series of squibs about Sarah Palin over at Hit & Run this week, which I would have cross-posted here if my Internet connection had been more stable. At the very least, I should link to the column I published at Reason yesterday about the pseudo-scandal surrounding her daughter's pregnancy. It describes how, "under the appropriate circumstances, a Christian conservative can be more tolerant of teen sex than a liberal Democrat."

For all of Palin's flaws -- topmost of which is her willingness to share a ticket with John McCain -- she is, both personally and politically, the most interesting candidate for the vice presidency since James Stockdale. (That isn't irony. I'm a big Stockdale fan.) The easy, boring joke about Palin is that she's turning the campaign into a reality TV show. My secret wish is that she'll turn it into an episode of Northern Exposure instead. Ideally the one where the town holds an election and Barry Corbin delivers that great monologue saying they should have stayed home.


posted by Jesse 5:09 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .