The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Monday, June 23, 2008
RETURN OF THE MOVING PICTURE POLLS: Kevyn Knox's film site, The Cinematheque, has revived its weekly movie surveys. This week's topic was the western; here is the top-five list I sent him:

1. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Sergio Leone, 1966)
2. My Darling Clementine (John Ford, 1946)
3. The Wild Bunch (Sam Peckinpah, 1969)
4. Rio Bravo (Howard Hawks, 1959)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood, 1976)

To see my honorable mentions -- and everyone else's responses -- you'll have to
skedaddle to the Cinematheque site.

As long as I'm linking to things I've written elsewhere: A couple weeks ago I did a column for Reason Online about the evils of the FCC. And my Reason bit on the secret history of the Great Highland Bagpipe is now online as well.


posted by Jesse 11:58 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .