The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, September 12, 2007
STILL MORE SELF-PROMOTION: First: I have a
quickie column up at Reason, about Larry Craig, Bill Richardson, and the legend of the libertarian West.

Second: This week's poll at The Cinematheque asks us critics to name the greatest religious films. My list did its best to balance the irreligious and the faithful, which is why it includes both Carl Dreyer and Monty Python. I'm glad to see that one fellow voter did what I couldn't bring myself to do, and cast a ballot for The Wicker Man. Kudos also to the fellow who voted for A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Finally: This doesn't have anything to do with self-promotion, but I'm going to toss it in anyway. I just got the compilation Cult Cargo: Belize City Boil-Up -- part of the Numero Group's tribute to "the pan-American funk experience" -- and it's pretty amazing. I doubt I'll get around to writing a proper review, so I'll just recommend it here.


posted by Jesse 7:27 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .