The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, January 05, 2007
THOSE OTHER YEARS: So I've picked the best pictures of
1996, 1986, 1976, and 1966. I'm going to stop there, because I can't come up with enough top-10-worthy movies made in 1956.

But for the record, my favorite film of '56 is The Seventh Seal. My favorite from '46 is It's a Wonderful Life, with My Darling Clementine and The Big Sleep close behind. For 1936 it's Rose Hobart, with Theodora Goes Wild close behind. For 1926 it's Charley Bowers' comedy Now You Tell One, with Metropolis close behind. And for 1916, I guess it's Les Vampires, though it's not as though I've seen many other movies made that year.


posted by Jesse 8:46 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .