The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Monday, June 19, 2006
WOT A SCOOP!: I try to write my columns for Reason Online with a basic rule in mind. Each article should give readers at least one of the following: new information, new analysis, or something funny.

My
latest piece is about a shooting in Owings Mills, from which I attempt to draw some lessons about the war on terror. Originally I was going to write about a different topic, but that story fell apart at the last minute. Every columnist occasionally faces a deadline without having anything in particular to say; the result is thumbsuckers like this one.

But I stuck to my rule: As far as I can tell, no other coverage of the murder has described (or even mentioned) the killer's website. So there's some new information here. If that's all you want, you can skip directly to paragraph five.


posted by Jesse 2:50 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .