The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, March 03, 2006
DEPT. OF AMENDMENTS, CORRECTIONS, UPDATES, ETC.: Last month I
hailed the news that Willie Nelson had recorded Ned Sublette's "Cowboys are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other" by quoting a verse from the song. Now I've heard Willie's version, and it turns out he left out that verse. Lo siento!

In other gay cowboy news, my Reason column today is about Oscar frontrunner Brokeback Mountain. And in other corrections -- old ones, but here at The Perpetual Three-Dot Column we believe in to setting the record straight -- I posted something in 2002 that credited Christopher Hitchens with coining the infelicitous term "Islamofascist." I'm informed that I was repeating a common canard; that was actually someone else's contraction of Hitch's more melodious phrase "fascism with an Islamic face." And in a Hit & Run post last year about a Nazi fringe group, I credited a comment from an online discussion to someone called "VierZwanzig." Mr. Zwanzig (I'm pretty sure this is a Mr.) has written me to say he had been quoting someone else, and that the original author of the statement is an animal, vegetable, or mineral called "Europe Endless." I stand corrected.


posted by Jesse 4:22 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .