The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, January 12, 2005
END OF THE LINE: I was going to post more
movie lists, but it seemed like time to stop. I did come up with a top ten list for 1954, but it felt padded: I was tossing in pictures that I like but which aren't anywhere as good as the films I was praising from the other years. Senso and Rififi might belong on a list of runners-up, but they aren't top-ten material -- not to my taste, anyway.

For the record, my favorite movie of 1954 is Rear Window. My favorite movie of 1944 is Double Indemnity. My favorite movie of 1934 is The Black Cat. And my favorite movie of 1924 is Sherlock Jr. I don't think I've seen any particularly good pictures made in 1914, so I'll stop again there.


posted by Jesse 8:05 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .