The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, August 25, 2004
SLOW BOAT: I've just learned,
via Virginia's blog, that my passing joke about the "Swift Boat Veterinarians" and Kerry's hamster was already made two weeks ago by Will Saletan of Slate. A Google search reveals that a similar gag, minus the veterinarian reference, appeared a week before that in Andy Borowitz's column for MSNBC.

If the same wisecrack occurs independently to three different writers, I figure at least 300 people have said it in casual conversation. So I'm clearly very late to this party. My question: Does this mean I've grabbed hold of the Zeitgeist, or just that I'm too lazy to come up with a non-obvious joke? Don't answer that.


posted by Jesse 8:02 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .