The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, August 11, 2004
MY BOOK OF NIGHTMARES: Some years ago, I dreamed I was driving toward the smoky ruins of a great city. I looked at the dashboard, saw an eight-track player where there had never been an eight-track player before, and realized suddenly that I was dreaming.

"If this is a dream," I thought to myself, "then I can do whatever I want. I can even see the face of God." On cue, the clouds parted, and there above the urban wreckage, teeth bared, was the enormous, ferocious visage of ... King Kong?

Since then, needless to say, I have refrained from asking my subconscious about its religious views. I haven't stopped thinking about Kong, though, and I wrote my Reason
column this week about the late Fay Wray.


posted by Jesse 3:43 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .