The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Tuesday, June 01, 2004
I HATE TO BE A BORE, BUT HERE'S MORE ON AL GORE: My
comments on Al Gore have provoked some reader reaction. Todd Fletcher writes: "I don't get it, his critique is well within the mainstream of opinion, and yet he's some kind of hero for speaking truth to power. Which is it?"

My answer: I didn't say that he's a hero. I said -- or at least meant -- that it's nice to see him cutting loose, taking some risks, and acting like a human being. The day I see Gore as a hero is the day I need to get my head examined.

Beyond that: I enjoy Gore-baiting as much as the next guy, but the Republican reaction to his speech has been so ridiculous (and at times dishonest) that I just had to stand up for the guy. It goes to show how surreal life in Bushtime can be: I'm actually defending Al Gore.


posted by Jesse 9:43 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .