The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Thursday, April 08, 2004
WHO'S NEXT: With all that's going on in Iraq this week, what topic did I choose for my latest Reason column? Doctor Who fans!

You'll have to forgive the frivolity. Everything I have to say about the unfolding Iraqi disaster has already been said by other people. Think of my
article as a break from all the bad news.

Here's my favorite piece of Doctor Who trivia, discovered while researching my column. When Fox did a Doctor Who TV movie in 1996, the Doctor was played by Paul McGann. And when the BBC webcast an animated Doctor Who adventure last year, the Doctor's voice was provided by Richard E. Grant. The character has therefore been played by both stars of Withnail & I. I'm not sure what that means, but the next time I watch that movie it's bound to change the way I see it.


posted by Jesse 2:54 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .