The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Monday, March 15, 2004
MY ONGOING ALIENATION FROM THE CULTURE, OR PERHAPS IT'S JUST THE AGING PROCESS:

1. I never heard of Paris Hilton until Jon Stewart made a joke about her sex video on The Daily Show a few months ago. He called her "MacArthur Genius Grant recipient Paris Hilton." I wondered why a MacArthur Genius Grant recipient would make a sex video.

2. I still don't understand why she's famous, though I realize now that she's not actually a MacArthur Genius Grant recipient.

3. I also don't understand why people would want to download a video of her having sex. Seeing her naked seems about as appealing as seeing David Gergen naked.


posted by Jesse 12:14 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .