The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Thursday, January 29, 2004
APOLOGIES AND EXCUSES: I used to hate those self-absorbed blog posts that don't say anything but "Sorry I haven't posted much lately." But now I'm gonna write one myself. Not only have I not posted much lately, but some of the posts I have put here have been pretty
lame. I figure I owe you folks an apology, or at least an explanation.

You see, this weblog really lost its reason to exist when Hit & Run started, and it's evolved into an uncomfortable assortment of: personal stuff of interest only to my friends and family; odds and ends that I had to cut out of longer pieces (or which failed to congeal into a longer piece); random anecdotes; nearly-random one-liners; placefilling quotes from other people; movie reviews; and the occasional fully-formed essay that I stick here instead of elsewhere simply because I feel the blog needs something hearty to justify its existence. The main reasons I keep the site at all is (a) because I need someplace to stick those movie reviews, especially when the movie I'm reviewing isn't remotely new, and (b) as a way to keep linking to stuff I write elsewhere.

No, I'm not going to kill the site. But I'm going to urge any of you who read this blog in hopes that it will once more become a significant outlet for my writing (if such people exist) to check out Hit & Run instead. And I'm going to urge those of you who read this blog to keep up with what I've been doing lately -- such people do exist, and I could list them by name if I wanted to -- just to drop me a line once in a while. That method works too.

That said, I do actually have one or two long posts in the works. So you might want to keep dropping by here every now and then as well.


posted by Jesse 10:55 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .