The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Sunday, September 14, 2003
STEVE EARLE ON JOHNNY CASH:
In 1991 I dropped off the face of the earth, resurfacing in '95 by way of the Davidson County Criminal Justice Center. Later that year Ry Cooder asked me to play electric guitar on John's contribution to the Dead Man Walking soundtrack....I hadn't seen John since I went away and when I walked into the green room at 16th Avenue Sound, he was standing over the pool table with his hand in an old fashioned picnic basket. He looked up when I entered the room and said "Steve, would you like a piece of tenderloin on a biscuit that June made this mornin'?" I allowed how I would and he said "I knew that you would." Then we went in and made a record -- as if nothing bad had ever happened to either one of us.
(from the liner notes to Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison, expanded CD reissue, 1999)


posted by Jesse 11:44 AM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .