The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Monday, June 02, 2003
A SOPHISTICATED POLITICAL CONVERSATION WITH MY BETROTHED:

She: Do you like Howard Dean?

Me: No, of course not. I don't like any of them.

She: Well, which one do you dislike the least?

Me: I dunno. Maybe Al Sharpton.

She: You don't really think that.

Me: I guess I don't. But he pisses off the right people. And he makes me laugh.

She: Well, who do you think is the worst?

Me: Christ, I don't know. They're all pretty bad. Maybe Carol Mosely-Braun?

She: Oh, is she running?

Me: Yeah. She's an idiot and a crook.

She: I didn't know she was a crook.

Me: Well, I'm pretty sure she was in some sort of scandal. (pause) Then again, she was against the war. I suppose I should give her credit for that.

She: What about Joe Lieberman?

Me: Lieberman! Right. He's got to be the worst.

She: What about John Edwards?

Me: Oh, man. I forgot about Edwards. I hate that guy. Yeah, he's the worst.

She: Not Lieberman?

Me: OK, maybe Lieberman.


posted by Jesse 10:59 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .