The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, April 09, 2003
YOU CAN TELL THE MAN AT THE IRS...: My taxes now done, I'm downing the ale like it's orange juice. I have no idea how professional accountants do this every day without becoming alcoholics. As always, I ended up owing money -- I don't think I've ever gotten a refund, come to think of it, except the year I was a full-time freelancer and qualified for the Earned Income Tax Credit. So I owe hundreds to the state of Maryland and hundreds to the feds; even California, where I lived for only a month and a half last year, wants $12.57. Sheesh. That'll pay for, what, one gubernatorial paperweight?

Next year I get to pay Iraqi taxes, too. Or do they pay taxes to us now? Someone get me a Schedule DOD-EZ...


posted by Jesse 9:51 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .