The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Wednesday, January 01, 2003
WELCOME TO 2003: Every January I make the same resolution: to try, as best I can, to be less of an asshole than I was in the previous year. Since it's probably impossible to avoid being an asshole all the time, I expect I'll be making this promise each New Year's Day for the rest of my life.

I'm not sure I've managed to keep my resolution every year, but if you chart the course of my assholehood over, say, five-year increments, I think I've been making some rough progress. I may never eliminate my assholery, but perhaps, over time, I can diminish it.

Have a good new year, everyone. May you be safe, prosperous, and happy for the next 12 months, and don't let the rest of us assholes get you down.


posted by Jesse 12:09 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .