The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Friday, December 06, 2002
DEREGUBLOGGER: The first libertarian periodical I ever read was The Deregulator, a tabloid/zine published in my hometown of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in the mid-'80s. The editor, Rick Henderson, went on to work for Reason, leaving for greener pastures shortly before I joined that magazine's employ.

So I got a nostalgic boost when I learned today that he's revived The Deregulator as a
blog. (He's not the only Reasoner to transform a print zine into a webzine, by the way: Brian Doherty's Surrender also began in paper form.) Whatever else might turn up at Rick's new soapbox, I'm sure that there will be a lot about three things he and I share a strong affection for: individual liberty, rootsy music, and Tarheel basketball.


posted by Jesse 12:46 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .