The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Tuesday, September 17, 2002
THE MAILBAG: Some of you have been kind enough to write to me since I started this weblog. Most of your letters have been strangely unconcerned with the actual contents of this site -- many of you, for example, seem to think my genitals could stand to be larger, while others, presumably convinced otherwise, are offering me nude photographs of yourselves. A surprising number of my readers are undergoing financial difficulties due to upheavals in Africa, and have generously offered to cut me in on their riches if I'd lend them a hand. Sorry, folks: Your stories move me, but I just don't have the cash to spare.

There have been criticisms. Martin Wooster, for example, informs me that "bloggers commenting on bloggers have no life." And my sainted mother told me, upon visiting the site, that "It's weird." (I think this was in reference to that bizarre
Shaft post. Sorry 'bout that one, folks.)

On the other hand, Clark Stooksbury, the only Chomsky-quoting graduate of the Marine Corps I've ever shared a pizza with, praised me for being, by his count, "the second non-evil blogger." (The first? Gene Healy.) He adds: "On the subject of blogging, I work across the street from the InstaPundit guy." Hmm. Maybe you two could have lunch sometime.

InstaPundit himself offered some valuable advice on dealing with Blogger bugs, and several of you offered congratulations on the very existence of the site, as though it took a lot of work to start it. That's kind of like the mysterious custom of congratulating someone who's just learned that she's pregnant. If you think about it, all she's done so far is have fun. You can shake her hand later, after she's weathered the tough part.


posted by Jesse 6:51 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .