The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
The Perpetual Three-Dot Column
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

by Jesse Walker

Sunday, September 22, 2002
LUDDITE CORNER: There are people out there who hate all computers. That seems wrong-headed to me. I merely hate my computer.

It's been sluggish for months, but now it's moving at a pace unseen since programs were stored on audiotape. If this machine were powered by a crippled dwarf turning a handcrank, it would still be at least 100 times faster than it is right now. I only wish this thing had a neck, so I could throttle it slowly to death.

The worst thing is, I think I've figured out what's wrong and what has to be done to fix it. Naturally, it requires software I either do not own or cannot find.

Grumble.


posted by Jesse 1:34 PM
. . .

. . .

For past entries, click here.


. . .